Privacy and Cookies
We are committed to protecting your personal information
We are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy sets out how we propose to collect and use any personal information that you provide to Chart Fencing.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or if you object to your data being used by us in any way, please contact us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by writing to:
Kent TN23 4FH
The information we collect
When you visit us or our websites we may collect and process personal information about you. This personal information may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number and other personal information required to deliver the service requested.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website make a complaint or request information about one of the products we offer.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
By submitting this personal information, you enable us to better provide you with the information, services or products you select.
How we may use your personal information
- To improve the quality and accuracy of the information you provide, including your postal address and telephone contact details by checking against publicly available external data lists eg Royal Mail or BT. If you do not want us to do this, please contact us at the email address or postal address above.
- To provide you with information, services or products which we feel may interest you related directly to our range of products where you have consented to be contacted. This will include adverts and inserts in communications sent by us, from carefully selected third party organisations.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our websites by providing you with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or another internet device.
- With IP addresses, to identify your approximate location, block disruptive use or to establish the number of visits to the website from different countries.
- To process personal information for the purposes of customer analysis, using postcodes, and profiling to help us better understand the best way to communicate with you and which offers or campaign to engage you with and provide you with the most relevant information.
When there is no purpose to holding your data we will securely destroy it. We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example to support certain financial transactions.
How we will contact you
If we contact you by email, phone or letter, we will not contact you again if you ask us not to. We will not contact you to send you information about our offers by email or text unless you have given us your prior permission. You can contact us to change your contact preferences by emailing our team on email@example.com or by calling 01233 626188.
How we handle your information and other organisations
Chart Fencing will not exchange, rent or sell your personal information to other organisations for use by them in their own direct marketing activities.
However, where you have given us permission to contact you, we may ask external service providers to carry out tracking and analysis on our behalf as described in the cookies policy.
Where we use an external service provider to act on our behalf, we will disclose only the personal information necessary to deliver the service and we will request these service providers to show that they have the appropriate data protection policies in place to meet the relevant legal regulations.
How we handle direct debit or credit card information
We will ensure that when collecting sensitive information over the Internet such as debit cards, credit cards or personal information that this is done so securely by encrypting data sent between the customer and our partners e.g. Stripe, Barclays and Word pay. For we transactions your card details are entered into and transmitted directly to Stripe.
We are PCI compliant and use external Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant providers to collect this data on our behalf. We do not store PCI data on our own systems.
To protect yourself when sending us sensitive information, please ensure that you use devices running supported operating systems that are regularly patched, and incorporate some form of malware protection. Only connect your devices to networks that you trust.
Following links to third-party websites
Posting or sending inappropriate content or content you do not own
If you post or send any content that we believe to be inappropriate or content in breach of any laws, such as defamatory content, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your internet provider or law enforcement agencies. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party claiming to own any content that you have posted.
Where we store your information digitally
Our Primary Storage servers are held on site by us. We may need, from time to time, to transfer your information to one of our third-party suppliers to supply information or make contact with you. When we do so the information will be protected when in transit and held securely by our supplier.
How to access your personal information
You have a right to know whether we hold any information about you (personal data) and a right to be provided with a copy of your information within 40 days in accordance with the Data Protection rules. It will help us find your information if you can tell us something about the nature of your contact with us. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.